Tuesday, June 17, 2008

forgiveness is a wonderful pay it forward

submitted by kristie

One way to pay it forward to someone else and also receive a gift to yourself is to forgive, to start over. I experienced the release and the relief of "starting over" and "forgiving" someone. This person never apologized, never asked for forgiveness, and never admitted fault... but was willing to start over. I could have tried to make this person admit fault and forced an apology but that would have only caused more strife and false words. Sometimes to do the right thing is to let things go and give up the expectation of others doing what we think is right. Things are much more amicable between that someone and myself. Forgiveness and starting over in difficult times is paying it forward to the situation and also is the gift you give yourself in the process.

My co-worker told me a story of how she rear ended someone and the lady she banged gave her a hug. Remembering this story ... a young girl hit my parked car last week. Everyone was safe and no one was hurt. The poor girl was upset and shook up. Remembering when I rear ended someone and the story my co-worker told me ... i payed the hug forward and gave her a hug and told her that I have banged another car before and I was shook up and crying too. I told her it was okay. So my bumper is damaged ... that can be easily fixed. Getting upset and cursing someone out for an accident can't be easily fixed.

2 comments:

Ypono said...

Thank you so much for this comment. I am in a similar situation and have been holding on to it for the past month or so. A friendship changed overnight from best friends to strangers. I try and try to make it the way it was, but the other party is not having it. I lay blame on myself everyday and give it to God...but my fault is, I always take it back.

I will forgive the other person as well as myself and move on. I pray for God's will and I guess I am not getting the answer I would want. It's just as well, only He knows what's in our path...maybe this friendship was for that time being and not in the present path. I truly love the person with all my heart and will never feel ill towards her.

Thanks for helping me move on from this experience.

Unknown said...

to cecilia

A Reason, a Season, or a Lifetime

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or
a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you
will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON . . . It is
usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have
come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you
with guidance and support, to aid you physically,
emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a
godsend, and they are! They are there for the reason
you need them to be.

Then, without any wrong doing on your part, or at an
inconvenient time, this person will say or do something
to bring the relationship to an end.

Sometimes they die.
Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.

What we must realise is that our need has been met, our
desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you
sent up has been answered. And now it is time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON . . .
Because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount
of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; things
you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional
foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the
person, and put what you have learned to use in all
other relationships and areas of your life. It is said
that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Author Unknown

i have been there too. lost someone without knowing exactly why and without closure...

oriah aka kristie